Aled has been squirrelling away since early this year, ensuring our programme is ready to launch when our young people return late April.
- Since September 2020, Alexander’s Community Development has delivered 5 cohorts of Transition to Trade to 47 participants. 271 qualifications have been achieved. 552 course hours have been delivered. As well as these a further 143 one to one support sessions have been provided. 4 design and build projects have been completed.
- Coming up we have 4 Transition to Trades confirmed for a further 48 participants – with more in the pipeline before year end. We have projected this number to be closer to 80 participants.
- On the 10th March we launched an E-Forum website to allow teachers to share ideas and access our policies and up to date documentation related to Transition to Trade with ease. This is being continuously improved behind the scenes.
- We are in the process of expanding the qualifications that we can offer; 3 of our staff members have recently qualified as first aid trainers. As we recently became an SQA approved centre we will be looking to expand our SQA accredited qualifications.
- We are in the process of developing a Transition to Trade programme for individuals that have experience of working within the construction industry that have found themselves unemployed. This course will upskill them in PLASMA working at heights, Site Supervisor, Forklift Training and more.